Saturday, November 14, 2009

Road Trip?

3,874 km from my home in Calgary to the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia where the Passion 2010 conference is being held in January. Google maps estimates it to be a 38 hour drive.

David Crowder, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, Louis Giglio, John Piper, Charlie Hall, Hillsong United, Andy Stanley, Francis Chan and many others will be there this year.


I know a road trip from Calgary to Juarez, Mexico is possible. That was about a 3,081 km drive in a 15 seat passenger van with 11 other people and 3 drivers rotating around. I do remember us staying overnight somewhere in New Mexico though so we didn't drive the entire way in one go (but came pretty close).


Hmm...road trip anyone?

PS - I have DCB's newest album Church Music in my car CD player and I think I've gone through the album about 10 times. I really enjoy listening to it. Not sure how many songs would be suited for congregational use but I know my favorite is definitely "How He Loves".

How He Loves
- David Crowder Band


PPS - Okay, I just realized that it is originally written by John Mark McMillan and is covered by DCB. I seem to like a lot of DCB covers...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha so funny.. I just posted my rant about it right now too. I WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! hahahahhaha.. I'll keep u updated on my status but I'm pretty keen on making it work out...

can u imagine kicking off the new year listening to john piper and singing praise w/ those awesome ppl? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! hahahahhaha... dang it.. why is money (and in this case getting ppl to come) always the problem? ><

3:45 PM  
Blogger _]amesy said...

I'd so go ... if i could make it to canada first :P

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jamesy u know ur always welcome! =)

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home