Monday, June 29, 2009

Photos of Old and New

Photography is not one of my hobbies. I was never a big fan of photos and I always avoid the camera because I think I look stupid in the majority of my pictures. But I do realize that they're invaluable for capturing a moment in the past to be remembered forever. Sometimes it's also more efficient than writing 1000 words. Close to 3 months have passed since I've last cleared photos off my SD card...

April fools 2009. I actually didn't bother to do anything to my housemates this year. I woke up and found Albert's room barricaded shut with our couches. Last year, I cling-wrapped Laura's car before I left for uni in the morning. I think she still managed to make it to her lecture on time.

Chopping onions is serious business - no crying allowed.
Arthur does some serious onion chopping.

mmm...pork ribs. I followed some recipe that didn't call for boiling the ribs prior to baking them in the oven. I now know that regardless of the recipe, it's probably best to boil them beforehand (they cook faster too). Now I know for next time...

A lot of couples have been getting engaged and married over the last little while. It has been super exciting and provide for great opportunities to help them celebrate. Hands down, Alex and Bec had the most baller engagement party I've ever been to. More impressive than their love for one another is their love for God and that's what really makes them stand out in my mind. May God bless them as they embark on this journey together!

And because of my lack of photo-initiative, I didn't have any photos with Sunny until this final airport shot before she left on a jet plane. Shame on me...but I don't think I really need too many photos to remember all those bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun Shiny days. I know I've said a few times that I'm going to miss her but I'm really really going to miss her. She did such a great job at just reflecting Christ in her life and I'm going to miss seeing that reflection every week. A rare model of how we should be putting others before ourselves - and one that I can definitely learn from. True friends are forever and I look forward to the next time I can get a little Sunshine in my life =)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww thanks matt.. i'll miss u too =)

4:57 AM  
Blogger Lams said...

good one Matt
nice blog! Cling wrap my car and die. I don't like photos either. Do you play Age of Empires 2? just got back into it!
looking forward to jamming Thurs night
HI SUNNY!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home