Thursday, January 01, 2009

Winter Jam Session

Got a chance to cap off 2008 with a jam session with my brother and some old friends from church. It brought back some great memories of when we used to work together on various worship teams. These guys (and gal ^_^) are so gifted and it was a privilege to be able to take a few hours, rock up, and have fun praising God together.

I thought I'd put that 16GB SDHC card to use and I setup my dad's tiny little camera to capture a few of the many songs we tried. Took about three batteries worth of video. Next time we'll have to turn up the mics a bit more to have the vocals cut through but here are a few that I liked.

"Hungry"
by Kathryn Scott



"Still" by Reuben Morgan



"I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" by Martin Smith (Delirious?)

I actually really liked this version. Rob had this idea to use a different chord progression (Emaj7 Bm7 Amaj7 F#m7 B) and it actually sounded okay. I think I'm going to fiddle around with this idea more...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good times! I watch this when I get church sick.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home