Friday, December 12, 2008

Summer Hols Thru the Eye of a Lens

Studying for the USMLE Step 1 with the help of Kaplan DVDs. I enjoy the video lectures and they explain things very well but it's taking a LONG time to go through them while making my own notes.

I like 'em a bit thicker and heavier. My newest procrastination tool. When my family is home and I can't go nuts on the set, I use an old textbook as a drum pad. Good times.

My current setup. I pulled out a chorus and just recently added in Visual Sound's Route 66 overdrive and compression. I would stick the delay in the effects loop but that means two extra cables and it just gets messy. Been fiddling around with lotsa different settings and stuff but my amp has been giving me problems. It's NOISY even when I go directly from guitar --> amp, which isn't a good sign. I found out on my flight back to Calgary that you can take guitar pedals in your carry-on luggage!

Banana blueberry cake. I found a recipe my mom had that uses oil instead of butter so that my brother can eat it with his dairy allergy. Been cooking a bit here and there since I spend a significant amount of time at home studying.

Hockey! Oh how I've missed hockey throughout the year. Yes, the Avs are doing terrible and Sakic is out for a month or so after sticking his hand in a snow blower. If you make $6 million a year, why don't you hire someone to shovel your snow? The team needs their captain!

Been to two Flames games: one against the Avs and the other against the Canucks. I think the Flames win every single time I'm at the Saddledome even though more than half the time I'm not cheering for them. Been playing floor hockey whenever I have a chance and played shinny indoors once. Hoping to play outside a bit more in the near future.

And now it's off to shovel snow! It's been coming down heavy all day today and my guess is that the roads are going to be a mess with hundreds of car accidents tomorrow if they don't get them cleared. My brother phoned about an hour ago on his way home from school saying that his bus was stuck in traffic...we'll see how long it takes for him to get home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home