Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Shoulder Examination

I am making yet another attempt at "teach yourself medicine" as I try to figure out all these special MSK tests that I have not actually been shown how to do by anyone and yet am responsible for knowing how to do them. Thanks for the help YouTube!

1. Apprehension Test

Can this be performed while standing? It looks so much easier lying supine...



2. Hawkins Test



3. Empty Can Test

For this one, the video shows it done at 90º shoulder flexion but my notes say at 90º shoulder abduction... =(

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

from a physio POV:

1. yes, standing also, but you'd probably get fewer compensatory efforts (or they'd be more obvious) in supine

3. 90deg abduction is how we were taught so I'd go with that

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home