Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bridge to Brisbane Training

So my shoulder is probably about 90% better with still some limitation to my range of motion (any movement involving external rotation can hurt if I'm not careful) and I've been doing some more running to get into somewhat decent shape for this Bridge to Brisbane run coming up on September 7th. Now I'm not a fan of running but I have found that it really energizes me and that I feel more alert rather than tired afterwards. Plus, running with my flatmate Albert really helps to make the time pass by quicker because can we can chat and motivate each other to push through. I finally got proper running shoes and they make a world of difference. Now my feet aren't swollen after running and it almost feels like I've got a bit of bounce in my step.

This is a 6km run that we aim to do in just over 30 minutes that includes two fairly big hills right at the end on Carmody Road. The first hill is about 200m long at maybe a 35 degree incline and the second is about 240m long at maybe 30 degrees? I probably have mis-estimated the steepness but it's pretty close to walking up a set of stairs...

The second run is a 10.9km run to the city and back. It has a hill at the very start and some hilly bits right at the end. The latest time for this one was 1 hr 1 min 30 sec. It would be nice to shave this down to under an hour.

Haven't really figured out a training plan yet...right now if I can get out to run 2-3 times a week I'm happy. I've heard that it's better to run farther at first than to run faster. Still trying to find a good pace because there have been a couple times where I head out way too fast and I'm completely pooped by the half-way point.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home