Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grace Like Rain

Week two of the second semester is about to start and I still feel like I'm stuck in vacation mode. This past weekend I had a chance to travel down into New South Wales for the first time as I went to a church camp being held just south of Lennox Head and Byron Bay. Unfortunately, I had to come back a bit early (the camp runs til Monday arvo) because I have a clinical skills workshop scheduled in the morning. I already had to wag Friday's PBL in order to get to camp so I figured that I really shouldn't wag Monday as well (wag is the new Aussie slang I learned for playing hooky).

There were a lot of great aspects to camp. Some highlights included meeting heaps of new people, participating in some bible talks (having had any of those in a while), and hearing the testimonies of three young women who were baptized in the ocean on Saturday! How awesome is that to have the opportunity to be baptized at the beach in the Pacific Ocean?!? So many cameras too. Not sure why but I didn't bother to pull out my camera all weekend. Oh well, I'm sure there will be sharing of photos eventually...

I love coming across new worship songs and there's one by Todd Agnew called "Grace Like Rain" that I have picked up from CCCB. It's my song of the moment...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home