Sunday, June 08, 2008

20 Questions / 2

During my time in Australia, it has become painstakingly obvious that I definitely fall further down the introverted scale than I originally thought. By default, I have gotten used to sticking to myself and have not missed my social life that much.

There's going to be increasing opportunities in the very near future to meet some new people and hopefully generate some new relationships (more details on this later). What I realize is that it can be super difficult to really get to know people. I find that the people who I can confidently say that I know pretty well are those that I have spent an incredible time with (ie. grown up with them). That level of friendship where you can talk about anything is so rewarding and yet can be so difficult to discover - especially if you're someone like me who struggles to make time for people.

It's nice to talk about the weather, about food, about whether butter or margarine is better (for the record, it's butter) - but is that really what I want to know from people? I don't mind small talk to break the ice but how do you progress past that to big talk? Here's 10 questions that come to mind that I wish I asked more often when I'm with people (was going to put 20 but my brain is fried and I can't think of 20 lol):
  1. What would you say is your biggest passion in life?
  2. Who do you look up to the most?
  3. What's something that makes you smile?
  4. What sorts of things make you angry?
  5. What is the last goal you set? Last goal accomplished?
  6. What was your most recent disappointment? How do you feel you handled it/dealt with it?
  7. What is your biggest fear?
  8. Who do you talk to when you're really upset about something?
  9. What is truth? How do you know when you've discovered the truth about something?
  10. What does love mean to you?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home