Friday, April 25, 2008

Who's invited for dinner at God's place?

According to Eugene Peterson's paraphrase of Psalm 15, this is how you get yourself on the guest list for a dinner party at God's house.

"Walk straight,
act right,
tell the truth.

"Don't hurt your friend,
don't blame your neighbour;
despise the despicable.

"Keep your word even when it costs you,
make an honest living,
never take a bribe."

I don't know about you but I'd sure like to get on that guest list myself. From what I've heard, His parties are pretty fun and can go on forever. The trouble is that these entry requirements are pretty tough to meet and if this was all there was to it, I don't think I'd be invited sadly enough. In fact, I think the guest list would be pretty empty based on those qualifications.

For those of us who happen to not be perfect, we're in luck 'cuz there's one other way inside through a back door that was opened by Jesus Christ. Just a little bit of faith and a ton of grace is all it takes to get you in through here. Looks like you and I don't have to miss that dinner party after-all! ^_^


Why can't I come up with some Gregory House-worthy metaphors? >_<

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home