Friday, March 14, 2008

Reconnect

After a long waiting period, I am finally reconnected to the internet at home. Ever since I've arrived here in Australia back on January 13th, I have not had access to the internet from where I've been living. We finally had a technician come in this past Monday (March 10) to have our ADSL2.0+ line installed and we haven't looked back since. I'm afraid to admit it but there were a few good things that came out of not having internet at home for the past couple months - mostly due to the fact that it can be a huge time waster. However, it's just not worth the inconvenience it is for school and for communicating with people via e-mail and chat.

Last night at a church group meeting, we were discussing Saul's conversion on the road Damascus and we took some time to reflect back on our lives to a time when God revealed Himself to us in an undeniable way that caused us to think, "Wow, God is real - no doubt about it." It reminded me of the prayer journal that I used to keep. I still have the journal sitting beside my bed, but, sadly, there hasn't been a new entry in it since April 12/07. Looking through it now, I see a time when I was fairly diligent at writing all of my prayer items in it and checking off those that were answered; a green check meant God answered 'Yes' and a red check meant that God answered 'No' or 'Not now'. It really amazed me at how many green checks I was able to put down. Some of the prayer items were super specific too and included dates and specific time frames. I remembered that it really changed my prayer life and I was able to see God answering my specific prayers.

Perhaps along with be reconnected to the internet, it's time to reconnect with my prayer journal and see God move again in that way...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home