Tuesday, March 18, 2008

F00d

Yesterday I was told about a "turducken." Your probably saying the same thing I did when I first heard the word..."What is a turducken?" Well, it's a chicken stuffed inside of a duck that's stuffed inside of a turkey. You can fill in the gaps with all sorts of other things like sausage or stuffing breadcrumbs. Doesn't that sound appetizing? Apparently, the world record for a nested bird roast is 17: a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an Ortolan Bunting, and a Garden warbler. Now I love meat but that's pretty gross.

I don't know if anyone else has tried putting ice cream in their coffee but it tastes really good! I came up with the idea when we ran out of milk and I was looking for a cream alternative. Instead of cream and sugar, I just put some ice cream and voila. It tastes great but I don't know how healthy it is...

I don't think I've ever eaten so well in my life. Normally when you picture what a typical student would eat, it probably includes a lot of food purchased on the go (if they can afford it), a lot of quick fixes, and a lot of junk foods. That has not been the case at our place. We've been having gourmet meals pretty much every single evening. We rotate cooking duties each week between the 5 of us and I have been very impressed with everyone's effort and skillz. Alan's busted out the mad BBQ skills with some of the best BBQ chicken I've ever had and healthy homemade pizzas. Albert's made a couple Korean dinners recently. Last night he made bul-go-gi beef with rice and a seaweed wrap and some kim chi. And a few weeks ago he made these tofu pockets stuffed with sweetened/sticky rice ("Yoo-boo-jo-bup" I believe it's called) and this miso-like soup. Oh, and kim chi too - can never have too much kim chi! Just tonight Laura made a killer lasagna and we're waiting for her to make her amazing salad again. I love it when Susan cooks because she often will change things up with Chinese style stir-fry noodles (nice to have a break from rice once in a while). Had my first stuffed peppers thanks to Susan and I'm now a fan.

It's great to come home after class and sit down to a meal like this... =)

One of Albert's Korean dinners made for us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home