Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Prayer I Should Say More Often

Due to my screwed up sleeping patterns, I actually woke up super early today and was able to watch the sunrise while studying. It was almost enough to make me want to be a morning person (I'm starting to see the perks). I just don't know if I can handle going to bed at like 9:30-10pm every night to make that possible. If I cut out sleeping (which would probably be the worst decision I could possibly make at this time and potentially negate the last few months of effort), I have just under 25 hrs of study time left. The end is near!

I read these verses this morning and they really impacted me. Immediately I thought, "Wow, this is the kind of prayer that I need to be repeating!" I wonder if I repeated this prayer everyday how much of an impact it would have on my life and those around me...

"Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees;
then I will keep them to the end.

Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.

Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.

Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.

Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.

Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.

Take away the disgrace I dread,
for your laws are good.

How I long for your precepts!
Preserve my life in your righteousness."

- Psalm 119:33-40 (NIV)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheridan said...

How's the prayer coming? Maybe its worth memorizing? I need something to memorize I think.

keep it goin my man

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home