Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm Not Ashamed

So there's a new song off the latest Hillsong album "Saviour King" called I'm Not Ashamed that we sang I think for the first time in church last Sunday. Most of the praise and worship songs written are based on scripture and it's neat to see where exactly the lyrics were inspired from. I just happened to come across a few verses in Paul's letter to the church at Rome today.

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes...for in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.' " - Rom 1:16-17 (NIV)

These two verses pretty much summarize the entire book of Romans which serves to present the basic gospel truth of God's plan of salvation and righteousness for all mankind. A must read for everyone!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home