Friday, April 27, 2007

Gettin' My Jam On!

It is sooo awesome to finally meet some people who are as passionate about worship music as I am. So far, we've only had one brief jam session but hopefully we'll be able to convene for another tomorrow afternoon. Been looking forward to it all week :) I wish I had some of my gear here with me. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few things brought down to me in June . I think it will probably be just my delay pedal and maybe an instrument cable (I'm currently borrowing a second one from a guy in my PBL group).

I made a couple more additions in October that I didn't post up. I found a couple great deals on wah and volume pedals online and decided to go for it. Added a Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah and an Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr. I went with the Classic because it's supposedly "true bypass." I didn't have a ton of time to play around with it but I think there is still some tone loss. Oh well :P The VP Jr is really handy to have and with it, I am able to keep my tuner out of the chain and preserve the tone as best as possible.

Rig as of Oct 21/07

Crybaby Classic --> Boss SD-1 --> ProCo Rat --> Amp [FX Loop: CE-2 Chorus --> VP Jr --> Echo Park]
(Tu-2 off VP Jr and amp channel selector footswitch)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know whats wrong the comment box.. lol.. had to type this 2 time.. :( sorry if there a double post~

anyway.. i was saying..

WOW thats a sweet gig! lol.. i always dreamed of having a effect, pedal setup... but i didn't know what to buy... (and they are quite expensive..)

so i decided to make my own effect by fabricating the pcb and soldering the stuff together (its all analog anyway..) heard of SansAmp GT2? i tried to make that as well as some other chorus and delay effect... but... i can't find any footswitches(3pdt types) anywhere in singapore... soo i gave up... haha...

any i can't find any over here too.. soo.. i guess i would have to order from the states... :( gonna cost me a bomb.. lol...

gin

6:55 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I thought about that too. There are some people who pay big $$ to mod their effects. I don't really understand why guitar stuff is so expensive...they don't seem overly complicated looking at all the wiring and stuff inside.

Hopefully we can jam this coming weekend...

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home