Friday, February 16, 2007

Fantasy Update


I thought I'd miss hockey a lot more down under but it actually hasn't been that bad. I normally don't have time to watch many games on TV and I might attend the odd Flames game now and again. The time difference is very nice because when I return to my place in the evening, all of the games are finished and it's just a matter of browsing through the scoresheets and stats. Back home, I'd be wasting time constantly checking the scores all night long.

Will the Avs make the playoffs? I have a feeling they will squeak out an 8th place spot in the West. They have a lot of young talent and scoring power - just inconsistent goaltending and defense. You can only outscore opponents so often (like that 7-5 win against the Flames). Leopold better start pulling his weight seeing as Tanguay is certainly putting up a respectable number of points. And who knows? Maybe some miracle will happen and the $5.5 million burden named Theodore will be lifted by February 27...

I'm pretty happy that two of my three fantasy teams are sitting on top of their respective leagues. Hopefully it stays that way until April.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home