Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day 1: Adam

So I think it's time for me to come up with some structured daily devotional/bible reading plan. I've found a decent one that's a biographical bible reading plan that is supposed to span 121 days. It chronologically overs some of the major people in the bible from Adam all the way to the Apostle John. My previous attempts to read through the bible have resulted in failure so I'm hoping this new focus on specific people will be easier to read and easier to derive applications.

Day 1: Adam

- man made in God's image; interesting how God refers to himself as "us" and "our" in the NIV. A reference to the trinity perhaps?
- Adam was put in charge of all of the plants and animals. He was given any seed-bearing plant and fruit to eat.
- lived in the Garden of Eden. Had the responsiblity of working the garden and taking care of it.
- wasn't supposed to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home