Saturday, January 07, 2006

Guitars and Hockey

So this Christmas break I've spent a ton of money on myself; with the largest expenditures coming in the form of musical gear. I bid on an amp on eBay and surprisingly I won it. I've never won anything except those "buy it now" auctions even with sniping.

Peavey Classic 30:

1x12 30W Guitar Combo Amp
A fantastic amp for blues or vintage rock. 30W RMS into 8 or 16 ohms. 12" Blue MarvelĀ® speaker. Three 12AX7 preamp tubes, four EL84 power amp tubes, and two-channel preamp (selectable with push switch or optional 2-button footswitch). With pre and post gain, volume, 3-band passive EQ, push boost switch, reverb level, and effects loop. Chromeplated chassis.

Features

30W RMS into 8 or 16 ohms
12" Blue MarvelĀ® speaker
3 - 12AX7 preamp tubes
4 - EL84 power amp tubes
2-channel preamp (selectable with push switch
or optional 2-button footswitch)
Pre and post gain
Volume
3-band passive EQ
Push boost switch
Reverb level
Effects loop
Chromeplated chassis

Specifications:
20"W x 17-3/4"H x 11-3/4"D
39-1/2 lbs.



After exams were finished I finally went to Music Center Canada and finally put in an order for a G&L Legacy that I've been eyeing for the past few months. I went with the just the standard features...3 single coil vintage Alnico pups, alder body, rosewood fingerboard, chrome hardware, 3 tone sunburst finish, 3 ply white pickguard and white pups. I can't believe I got this custom made baby for the same price as a standard MIA Strat. :O It should look similar to this...

G&L Legacy:

The dark rosewood and sunburst contrasts with the white so nicely... *drool*


My fantasy teams have been doing pretty well as of late. My four Sporting News teams are ranked 1250, 17448, 25509 and 53886 out of 210,254; thus putting my best team in the top 0.6 percentile. My yahoo team is also doing pretty well. Nobody had picked up Niittymaki from Philly so I added him to my roster along with Shawn Horcoff to replace the injured Jason Spezza. If I can maintain a healthy roster I should easily win my league. I'm currently ranked 991 worldwide.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home