Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Choose your style...

So I'm thinking of taking some guitar lessons in the near future because I have found myself at the point where I'm a bit lost with where to go next. I think regardless of which "school" of playing I decide to follow, I want to be able to develop the skills to move up to playing the occasional lead guitar in a worship band environment. Being able to improvise and bust out the occasional solo/fill here and there.

I have a few Satriani albums en route from Djangos. He's one of the best technical players out there and can really do it all. Here's him playing Satch Boogie...



And here's Surfing With The Alien...



I also find Jazz guitar very appealing. The warm, rich sounds are simple yet powerful. Here's an example of what I mean...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home