Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fantasy Hockey

So I've been fluctuating between 1st and 2nd place in my Yahoo league for the past little while. I've taken a nice lead after Heatley's amazing 4 goal performance in tonights 8-0 shutout against the Leafs. I've never really been a Senators fan but I've always hated the Leafs. And after watching Spezza and Heatley in action, I'm definitely liking what I see. The only notable roster change was the addition of Lubomir Visnovsky from the LA Kings in replacement of Jordan Leopold. The Calgary defenseman, whom I thought would be a points monster as one of the Flames' point-men on the power play, has been an utter disappointment after 4 weeks of play along with the entire Flames powerplay and scoring in general. I've kept Hamrlik because despite the low scoring, he's still managed to accumulate 1 goal and 7 assists. I wish Kipper was doing better but Hasek has proved to be a great pick and is keeping me on top of the goalie stats.

As for my SportingNews teams, I'm being overtaken by my buddy Gilbert from church. My strategy involving picking up a lot of players from the same teams (Detroit and Ottawa) has been pretty good but I think once I hit a gap in their schedules I'm going to have to change things up.

Since Hejduk's return, the Avs are looking pretty good. He's definitely given them the extra scoring punch they've needed. After a couple wins over the Canucks, I think the Avs are going to be okay.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this blog certainly is not about guitar universe. What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching guitar universe and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from guitar universe anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching guitar universe.
Even though my search is not on Fantasy Hockey I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this blog certainly is not about easy guitar song. What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching easy guitar song and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from easy guitar song anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching easy guitar song.
Even though my search is not on Fantasy Hockey I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about guitar tab and chord. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on guitar tab and chord and it brought me to your blog on Fantasy Hockey. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Wonton and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home