Wednesday, July 06, 2005

New Music

If I were to try and describe my musical tastes it would sound something along the lines of "mostly Christian praise & worship with a large helping of mainstream alternative rock (a tad on the hard side) and a side of electronic beats".

I'm sure everyone has heard/used the line "it depends on the mood I'm in"; and that may be true to a certain extent. Lyrically devoid hard house for late night study sessions, heavier rock/metal during exercise, classical music while driving (think Transporter...), and worship music when I want something to play along with.

A co-worker of mine lent me a CD wallet full of artists that I haven't heard of before. So I'm looking forward to going through them and seeing if there are any potential favorites that I can add to my list. The new-comers include Big Wreck, David Gray, Doves, Franz Ferdinand, Joel Kroeker, Keane, The Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Pilate, Ryan Adams, The Shins, Starsailor, The Stills, Thievery Corporation, and Tool. I'll add them to my H320 and listen to them while travelling to and from work.

As for new mainstream music I have listened to recently, I have to say that I really like Coldplay's latest production, X&Y, and I like the acoustic side of In Your Honor by Foo Fighters. I've also gotten hooked on a lot of Hillsong and United Live thanks to my friend Chrissy. I would estimate 80% of what I have been listening to in the past few weeks has been United Live stuff.

(The song playing in the background is "Till I See You" by United Live off their new album Look To You)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home